GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY MEDICINE, DENTISTRY & PHYSIOTHERAPY IN EUROPE’S BEST UNIVERSITIES
ACQUIRE A DEGREE IN MEDICINE, DENTISTRY & PHYSIOTHERAPY IN (UK, CZECH REPUBLIC, HUNGARY AND LATVIA).
THREE (3) LEVEL OF COURSE ENTRANCE
- DIRECT ENTRY
- DIRECT ENTRY WITH REVISIONAL COURSE
- FOUNDATION COURSES
Direct Entry Route is appropriate for:
- A Level Students (or equivalent high school level). Students should have 3 passes at A Level grade C or above (or predicted passes). At least two subjects should be Biology and Chemistry.
- Those students who have trained in a similar field at a higher level (e.g. BSc. MSc or PhD).
- Transfer Students (from U.K. and other EU universities).
- With the direct entry route candidates are eligible to take the university entrance exam and interview. Each university has its own exam which is arranged by EMUCAS at the site of Abbey College in the UK. Rīga Stradiņš University does not require an exam, but makes offers based on the student’s background.
Direct Entry – Exam only
- With this option, booked students simply turn up on the day of the applicable faculty’s exam and sit for it. Results are available by the afternoon. Students who meet the required standards are then invited for an interview with the Professors, who will normally test them further on their knowledge and ask any other questions they see fit. For some faculties, places are offered to candidates at the end of the day.
Application Procedure for Direct Entry
Applicants wishing to take an exam for Direct Entry into a Medical/Dental faculty must Complete application form and return along with:
– Copies of Secondary School Certificates e.g. GCSE certificates (or equivalent)
– High School Certificates showing 3 passes at A Level grade C or above (or the equivalent qualification). If still taking A Levels a letter from your current school with your predicted grades C or above will be required. Your AS Results will also be required.
*At least two subjects should be Biology and Chemistry*
– Other documents in support of the application e.g. references, personal statement, CV
– 4 passport-sized photographs
– Copy of the passport data page
– Non-refundable Registration Fee from £275 – Personal statement
Candidates should make it clear on the application form which of the universities they are interested in taking exams for. The more university choices you have, the more chance you have of gaining a place. You can however only sit for one exam per faculty each year.
Direct Entry with Revision Course
The Revision Courses take place directly before the entrance exam, at the same place – Abbey College in the UK. Courses last for one or two weeks. Fully-qualified and experienced instructors cover every aspect of the examinations and help to oversee areas not sufficiently covered by A-Levels. Practice papers, mock exams and interview techniques are also provided, as required. These highly recommended courses have a very high success rate, and statistically do significantly improve students’ chances of success.
They are fully residential courses, with full board provided and single or twin rooms on campus. All tuition and materials are included, as well as access to all college facilities (Wi-Fi, library, labs, social and sporting facilities etc.).
Application Procedure for Revision Course
The application procedure for revision courses is the same as for Direct Entry.
Students who do not meet the criteria for direct entry may join the Foundation programme, lasting from 5 to 6 months up to one academic year. It is also a practical alternative for students whose AS Level grades are not as good as they had hoped for.
There are two options for the foundation course. The first, and longest-standing course, is held at Abbey College in Malvern, central England, and is better suited to those who prefer the UK environment, where everything is provided in a boarding school setting.
The second option, new for 2016, is a partnership with Charles University in Prague Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies. The curriculum is very similar to the Abbey College one, but is more suited to independent-minded individuals who want to gain a flavour of Prague itself before joining the main degree course.
The Prague course runs from 23rd January to mid-June in 2017, for September 2017 degree course entry, or September 2017 to June 2018 for September 2018 entry. The Malvern course runs from either 12th September or 6th January until June for September 2017 entry, or September 2017 to June 2018 for September 2018 entry. There has been 100% success rate in the past 8 years for the Czech admissions exams for students who have studied the Foundation programme at Abbey College in Malvern.
As well as the academic tuition, students at both locations are offered optional trips to visit some of the Czech-based universities on a formal visit, where they can get a feel for the universities themselves before making their final choices.
Foundation Course Route
The Foundation courses are suitable for:
- Those students who have sat ‘A’ level examinations or equivalent and have not obtained 3 grade ‘C’s (September start) or 3 grade ‘B’s (January start).
- Those students who have trained at ‘A’ level or equivalent in a non-scientific background (we can advise on receipt of a C.V.).
- Those who have completed the first year of ‘A’ or ‘AS’ levels or equivalent in the area of science (1 year required); under some circumstances such students may wish to combine taking the Foundation course with taking the second year of A Levels, thereby giving increased options.
- Those who have failed the University Entrance Exams and require more knowledge to pass them.
- Those who are looking for a career change.
English Language and ICT where needed
2017 ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS & REVISION COURSE DATES
Sat 1st Apr to Fri 7th April 2017 Location: Abbey College in Malvern (Residential Course)
Mon 5st June to Friday 16th June 2017 Location: Abbey College in Malvern (Residential Course)
Mon 3rd July to Friday 14th July 2017 Location: Abbey College in Malvern (Residential Course)
(2 week course Charles 1st Faculty & Brno)
SERIOUS APPLICANTS SHOULD CONTACT LINKS AND TOURS LTD FOR FURTHER DETAIL……
BLK A2-9, SUITE 286
SURA SHOPPING COMPLEX
OBALENDE, SIMPSON STR,
TEL:- 08034708980, 08086605697.